Friday, September 3, 2010

It's me on the Philippine Star's YStyle! Fantastic!

I look like a retard but it's still me! Haha! (Please click on the photo for a clearer version)


Pardon the excitement. I totally thought that the picture taken by Smokey Delfino, an ex-client from British American Tobacco, was just going to be part of the usual clutter of pictures in a photographer's file. I didn't think it would end up getting printed - ergo the weird smile. And I was holding a tissue, nice.

It's a little something that made me smile today. This was taken in Paul Smith's "Dance to the Nines" event last Tuesday at Amber Lounge at the Fort Strip. My friend Charles de Jesus, Paul Smith Brand Manager in the Philippines, took the lead. Actually, I had some suggestions but they came in too late. It was all planned. Charles had always been supportive of me so I thought to return the favor (Last year, I did an event inside the Paul Smith store in Greenbelt, awesome!). But yun nga, the favor came in late. Argh.

Anyway, I had a very good time at the event, the vibe was truly Euro. And my experience was authentically British as I talked to an intern from the British Embassy whose stay here in the country is focused on the study of Human Rights and Mindanao issues (he came in with the UK Embassy's economic attache in Manila). I cannot help but share my points of view on Mindanao given that the complexity of the subject cannot be understood by observing the surface, the obvious and reading what's written on the press. What should be read, if you're going to read Mindanao, should be what's written on books.

But before I get totally political here, here are two articles about the event:

Let's hear it for the boys in dapper garb
TALK SHOP By Anne Bella (The Philippine Star)

Great Looks for Men: How to be stylish, forward and well-groomed this season
SHEER APPEAL By Jake Galvez (The Manila Bulletin)

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment